TheStreet.com Acquires StockPickr

TechCrunch announced today that TheStreet.com has acquired their partner site StockPickr. TheStreet.com formerly owned 49.9% of Stockpickr, but has now purchased the remaining 50.1%. Stockpickr was founded and run by former hedge fund manager and published auther, James Altucher.

About TheStreet.com

TheStreet.com (TSCM) was started in 1996 by now-famous investing pundit Jim Cramer. The online investment site did not turn a profit until nine years later, in 2005. Continually expanding its internet presence, on March 8 TheStreet.com announced a distribution deal with Howard Lindzon’s popular Wallstrip.

About StockPickr

StockPickr founder James Altucher has commented that he will remain actively involved with the site, which would indicate TheStreet.com has wisely retained him on an earnout. I wouldn’t be shocked if a similar deal will be announced with Howard Lindzon. TheStreet.com would be wise to pull WallStrip’s popular content in-house, if they have the chance.

The consensus in the Finance 2.0 space is that this deal signals a growing embrace of Web 2.0 innovations by the financial world. This may encourage further experimentation and growth by startups as well as established companies.

Advertisements

3 Responses to TheStreet.com Acquires StockPickr

  1. […] Fred Wilson’s public denials and corrections, James Altrucher, who recently sold StockPickr to TheStreet.com, seems to think the story is genuine. Jossip claims the story will be broken early this week, […]

  2. Shante Verzi says:

    Hey guys i want to share with you a way i make $500 every day and i only spend 5 minuites doing it a day! I strongly suggest you check their website out as there is a brilliant video that explains everything you need to know. Check them out at DOMINATE MOBILE MARKETING

  3. Anonymous says:

    This is why we provide far more effective advertising.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: